The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® aid the reproductive and digestive systems by external, non-invasive, manipulation using only hands to reposition reproductive organs and improve blood and lymph flow to digestive organs.
This therapeutic treatment focuses on diminishing congestion of the pelvis & abdomen which is a primary cause of many reproductive and digestive complaints. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® supports the body's natural healing capacity assisting the body back to balance and greater health. This session increases the vital flow of fluids and energy to nourish and repair the organs and systems naturally.
The Arvigo Therapy is best known for addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This helps prevent the progression of chronic disease while improving the body's ability to self repair and return to balance.
The following are common symptoms and conditions that the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® may help address:
- Digestive disorders (Crohn's, IBS, GERD, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion)
- Muscular tension including Diaphramatic Tension
- Urinary system (incontinence, frequent urinary infections)
- Varicose veins
- Fertility enhancement including difficulty conceiving or maintaining pregnancy
- Post surgical (scar tissue, recovery)
- Restricted breathing due to tension
- Menstrual disorders (painful or irregular cycles including ovulatory issues)
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus &/or bladder
- Preconception through postpartum including infertility
- Discomforts of pregnancy/birth preparation
- Caesarean/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence/erectile dysfunction
What to expect during a session:
During the session we will review your past & present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive & digestive health. This therapy will align reproductive & abdominal organs to optimal position, improve circulation to organs and promote vital flow to support the body's inherent healing capacity. We will also evaluate and apply techniques to improve spinal alignment. Instruction will be given in self care massage to further enhance your healing at home.
Other recommendations may be given including the use of a faja (traditional lower abdomen support wrap), bajos (herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya), castor oil packs, nutritional & herbal support & lifestyle education. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions at a minimum are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self care massage on a routine basis report the most improvement in their symptoms.
Please complete the Maya Abdominal Therapy Client Intake Form (located on the Client Forms Page) prior to receiving this session. The intake form is quite thorough and must be filled out beforehand.